ALL CIF RULES APPLY EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. Softball games will be 7 innings. No new inning to begin after 1hr. and 45 minutes SPECIAL NOTE: Coaches who play on a field with a time restrain, because of park rental, must tell the umpire and visiting coach of the time restraint before the game begins. Once the game begins, teams must make every effort to end the game within the restraint. Game results will not be decided by reverting back to the previous inning. If a new inning starts and the time expires, the inning will be continued and completed at another time if the out come of the game will affect the standings.
2. Mercy Rule : 15 runs after 4 innings
3. Pitching distance: 40’ (See CIF rule book on how to measure.)
4. Base Paths: 60’ (standard softball for all ages.)
5. Sliding: A base runner must either slide or avoid contact with a fielder in the immediate act of making a play on her.
6. No steel cleats. Rubber cleats only
7. Both the designated hitter rule and the re- entry rule will be used in softball. You may use pinch runners for pitchers and catchers. Unlimited substitution. However Batters who are substituted or re- entered must always appear in the same batting order that they previously occupied in the lineup.
8. Any player may come into the game, off the bench, to replace an injured player on the field. Try and use players who have not played first. If all players have played, then any player may enter the game for the injured.
9. A team that shows up to a game with only 8 players may play the game without taking a forfeit or taking an out for the missing player. If the team has only 7 players that team will be allowed to play without forfeiting, but will have to take an out a team with only 6 players will have to forfeit the game if it shows up with 6 players.
10. If the umpire does not show up for a game, the game will be made up with no pay due to the umpire.
11. If a school forfeits a game at the last minute, and the official can not be notified and shows up the official will be paid from the forfeiting team’s Forfeit Fee Fun. The league treasurer will send a check directly to the umpire or the assignor who will pay the umpire/ official for the missed game.